Friday, January 18, 2008

Hammer and Chains, take 2

After dedicating around half a year to nothing but my thesis, I'm finally able to breathe again. Stretching my legs in between reading and writing and ranting on the phone to my law friend, I stumbled across a curious little shop below ground level. In the window, in a display case with various silver pendants, was the most gorgeous, feminine knotwork-style Hammer. I had to own it. Lucky for me, the price was quite reasonable, too. It looks modern, with clean lines and actually has the right size for someone like me - pretty, but no overwhelming. Something I might even be able to wear to work. Jewellery for when I start at work somewhere will most definitely require some thought. I have no intentions of being a walking Asatru notice-board, but I feel naked without a Hammer or a Valknut, too. One of the suitable ones is a small, silver key-pendant, a "Key to Heaven". It's technically very early Christian, but I love it anyway. Another is a tiny Valknut pendant that's somewhere in the mail, due to arrive in a couple of weeks. I'll see if it actually fits on a chain, then.

My collection of Heathen jewellery keeps growing, slowly but surely. I guess it's a good thing I'm almost finished with university.

No comments: